Updated: Mar 19, 2021
- Every morning, look in the mirror and tell yourself 5 things you love about
yourself (whether that be appearance, personality, abilities, etc.)
Life can get so busy that it makes it hard sometimes to notice all of the
amazing, unique things about yourself. Setting a specific time to tell
yourself the things you love about yourself will force your brain to
remember those things as you are doing your day-to-day activities.
- Every night say, "I love myself exactly the way I am" 5 times before going to
sleep. It is so easy in life to compare yourself to others and constantly try to
change yourself based on what you think others will like and what will be
most positively viewed by the most amount of people. Especially with
social media being so prominent in today's society, people are feeling
inadequate about themselves more than ever. So repeating that you love
yourself exactly as you are will engrain it in your brain and after a period
of time has passed you will really start to notice that you are viewing
2. Do things that YOU love!
- Take a certain amount of time each week to do something YOU really love! Try
not to think of whether it is what is popularly liked or what other people would
think and just have fun with doing whatever activity makes you happy!
3. Treat yourself like you would treat a friend or a young child.
- Sometimes we do not realize how harsh we can be to ourselves. Most often
people would never talk to their friends or a young child the way they do to
themselves. When you find yourself being mean to yourself, for example
when you make a mistake, try to view yourself as if you are one of your
friends or a young child and speak gently to yourself
4. Forgive yourself!
- Everyone makes mistakes, it's what makes us human! Let go of the negative
feelings you have regarding the any past mistakes you've made or regrets
you have. Embrace your mistakes and realize that if you didn't make
mistakes you wouldn't have learned the important lessons you did that made
you the person you are today.